Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Friday, November 6, 2009
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Hung on the other side of the TV from the clock. My completely blank BORING living room wall now has two beautiful things :)
Monday, October 12, 2009
And the magazine rack is still by the door...but with a white frame above it. Makes me feel lots better about the two whites together, and the frame is a much better size for that space.
Saturday, October 10, 2009
side note: those are pearls, not pills :)
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
We went to the zoo Sunday morning before we all went our separate ways. It was so fun to take Holly. She loves to make all the animal sounds. As we walked up to the cows she started mooing :) And her monkey impression is priceless! Although her Lion roar is great too! I think that may be my favorite. She was far from scared of anything we saw...trying to get as close as possible to everything.
Talking to the Cheetahs...
I saw this on a blog I found...and I feel like she read my mind. And did a better job of expressing it then I usually do. This is me.
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
Monday, August 3, 2009
I don't know that I have ever needed peace & quiet so much. Needed a day (or two) with absolutely NOTHING to do. As I poured out my frustration and exhaustion Thursday night (in prayer and to my friend) I had no idea when I would get the chance. But as He promises to do, He helped me make it thru Friday. And not only make it, but I actually had a better day at work Friday then I have in a long time. I was more than just happy Friday afternoon...I was light-hearted. And I miraculously ended up with the house completely to myself Saturday, very unusual. Why, after all these years, does it still surprise me that He cares enough to take care of something that minimal? It amazes me that He cares enough to make that difference in my life.
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Monday, June 15, 2009
1. July reunion
2. trip to Little Rock once Jac moves
3. Zumba tonight
4. The office set up in my house
5. Visiting Europe in the spring
6. Watching Holly grow up
7. My brother moving to Idaho...please!?
8. My family moving to Idaho :)
Eight Things I Did Yesterday:
1. Went to church with 15 family members
2. Listened to my uncle speak at church
3. Jumped on the trampoline with Holly & Jackie
4. Grad party for my sister
5. Rode to Spokane w/J & H
6. Got on an airplane
7. BBQ'd with the roommates
8. Went to bed at 9:30...exhausted!
Eight Things I Wish I Could Do:
3. Design houses
4. Use my MBA
5. Travel more
6. swim, without fear
7. Live closer to family
Eight Shows I Watch:
1. Grey's Anatomy
2. Private Practice
3. Friends - yes, I realize its not on anymore :(
4. Gilmore Girls
5. One Tree Hill
6. Full House, a long time ago :)
7. Trading Spaces...is that still on?
8. seriously, people watch this much tv?
Eight Favorite Fruits:
Eight Places to Visit:
2. New York
Eight Places I've Lived:
We'll see if I ever hit 8...
Eight People to Tag:
1. Stephanie 2. Katie 3. Carly 4. Jolleen 5. Nick 6. Sydney 7.Jessica 8. Reid
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Friday, May 29, 2009
Monday, May 18, 2009
Thursday, May 14, 2009
I think when I know that something is changing, or something in my life has the potential to cause me a lot of pain, my mind reacts by "not caring". I make myself belive that I DON'T care! That it doesn't matter to me what happens, or how I'm treated, or even how I treat them. I fool myself into believing that it really doesn't affect me.
There are cicrumstances in my life right now, that if I took the time and energy to truly analyze and invest feelings, I would realize how much it hurts. And how much I just want to cry everytime I think about it. But instead, through no intent on my part, I am able to go on as if life is normal and she isn't hurting me with every choice she makes. But rather then accept that and explain to her that she is killing me inside, I just put on a front of not caring, at all. I don't care what she does. I don't care how she chooses to betray herself, and her friends. And in response to that I'm sure I come across, to her, as not caring about her. Because I know better then to think that I truly handle myself around her the same as I used to. Even if I say its okay, and pretend like we're fine. It's not okay. And we're not fine. But I don't know how to deal with it, and a part of me believes this is just the course life is supposed to take and so I need to grow up and accept that. It isn't the first time, and it won't be the last...life is meant to change. I lived through the last one...and actually have a fairly decent relationship with her today. However, it will never again be anything like it was BEFORE. Because really, no matter how much I tried to convince myself I didn't care, it HURT. And I will probably never fully trust either girl again. You just don't recover from that kind of betrayal...that is unless both sides understand and accept the fact that there is something to be dealt with. And that it has changed, and people have been battered in the process.
I'm tired of hurting, of feeling used, of being betrayed, being lied to...its easier to just pretend like I don't care. So no matter how disfunctional it is, I'm thankful for my mind's natural coping mechanism...at least for today.
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Thursday, April 16, 2009
I understand that there are processes, procedures and what not, that need to be followed when there is a group activity taking place. However, I also know...you might want to sit down for this...there are those teens that would rather not participate! I know its hard to believe, but some people would rather sit in a dark corner all alone, then out in the open with the rest of the world. You might say I'm dark and twisty, I don't know, but I don't see anything wrong with that. There are MANY times when I would give anything for a dark corner all to myself, and just as often I CHOOSE to stay home alone rather then go out with a group. It's just who I am. And that's okay. So forgive me if I'm wrong, but I think it is okay for the kid at youth group to sit in the corner alone, rather then participate. Sometimes us introverts just need that. I'm not saying its okay if it happens every week. But I am saying, don't treat them like outcasts. Don't treat them like they are in the wrong, like they've done some horrible thing by removing themselves from the group. Treat them like the adult they are becoming. Sure, make sure they're okay. But when they say they're FINE, take they're word for it. Don't belittle them and force them to do something they don't want. Let me tell you, that is not going to solve the problem. If there is even a problem in the first place...maybe forcing them to participate gives them a problem.
Saturday, April 4, 2009
Friday, March 20, 2009
Tomorrow morning Stephanie, Jessie & I get on a plane to California! Will definitely need my camera for that!!
Thursday, March 5, 2009
Well the weekend was a blast, seriously, so much fun! I felt like I was at winter retreat again! It was great to get to know some of the kids and actually meet a lot of people my own age (there helping out as well)...it was a packed weekend, and I am still recovering...but I am so glad I was able to go! Going up I pretty much only knew the youth pastor, his wife and then of course James, who plays guitar for the youth band so was going up for the weekend! Which actually helped me feel better about going :) Surprise, Surprise...I do not like to go into uncharted territory without at least one friendly face! But I came home with many new friends, and energized from the kids, and a peace after seeing new pieces of myself and my friends.
I went to youth group last night, for the first time...and it was awesome to walk in and know people! haha. I am horrible at meeting new people, or at least not good at going and being the one to start the conversation...so I don't feel like I am really comfortable or suited for going in each week and trying to introduce myself to people...but I hope that it will happen over time, and in the process I will learn something and force myself out of my shell a little more :)
So that officially started my month of craziness...however, I have been given a slight reprieve, an unwanted one mind you, but a reprieve none the less. I was supposed to close on my house today...and that is not going to happen. The underwriters are so far behind were hoping we'll make next Friday! Which is not good, considering my family is traveling 450 miles to help me move! But they were able to rearrange their schedule to come next weekend, so as long as we close by the 13th we'll still be okay! It's if it gets later then that that things get really scary!
I do not do well with this up in the air sort of planning! I want to have a date, and stick to it! I had to call and reschedule my fridge and mattress delivery and have to rethink the whole painting situation since my mom will no longer be coming the weekend after I move in...and I myself will be in California for 4 days the week after I move, that is if I move next weekend! Uggh...I need structure. I like having my life planned and in order. This is not working for the left side of my brain! However, the other pieces of my personality, the parts that seek to enjoy every moment and appreciate the opportunity to learn and grow are doing okay with it :) And as with anything in life...when God closes a door, he opens a window...I may not be moving this weekend, but instead I get to spend it with one of my favorite relatives! If I was moving, I would not have the time to spend any quality time with him, but now, my schedule is wide open!
Kieth called Sunday...and he's coming to stay with me this weekend, to show his boys the State Basketball Tournament! They made it to state last year and played, but never won a game so didn't see the championships or anything...well this year his team didn't make it, but he'd like to bring the Juniors down to see what its all about...hopefully next year they will be more excited about making it!! So my weekend will likely involve lots of basketball games! And if nothing else him and his players sleeping at my house!! :)
Tonight is the opening performance for Godspell, the NNU spring musical. My cousin Hilary has one of 10 roles...yes it is a 10 person cast! So all my Boise family is attending tonight...should be a good time!
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
But really the end of February means the beginning of one of the craziest months of my life, I am sure! Friday afternoon I leave at 3 for Donnelly to be a cabin leader at our church's youth winter retreat! Should be fun, but above all exhausting! I know I will come back living on very few hours of sleep...its only 2 nights right? How much sleep could I lose? :)
Then next weekend, my dad, sister and brother come to visit! WooHoo! Or I should say they come to move me...lucky them! Yes, that's right they're driving 450 miles to work all weekend. Gotta love family! I'm so excited they are all coming, its going to be so much fun but the moving and shopping will for sure make for another crazy weekend!! I ordered my new mattress and refrigerator this week so that we will have both of those things at the new house for the weekend they are here...I suppose they will want to eat at some point :)
Then if that isn't enough, the next weekend my mom comes! We are going to paint and unpack and everything in my new house! Unfortunately for her she couldn't come the weekend before with the rest of the family, but lucky for me I get to spend two weekends with my family! She's coming Thursday so I'm going to take Friday off work to spend more time with her! Another fun weekend!
And, no wait, that's not all...the next weekend, Jessie, Stephanie & I leave for California for Spring Break! Which will be awesome! We are going to Elk Grove (Sacramento area), where Jessie is from to spend time in her town :) They're going for the whole week but I come back Tuesday night to go back to work! We have lots of fun things planned for those four days! Of course! :) Sunday night we are going to Forever Plaid, a musical at some cool place in Sacramento!? Don't really know...but it sounds exciting!
And then the month will have flown by! I will finally get a weekend at home...with nothing going on...wonder if I will just sleep away that last Saturday of March?! Welcome April! Time moves so fast, I wish there was a way I could simply stop it for awhile...to savor these last 2 months of (semi) college life...
Saturday, February 14, 2009
It is quickly coming to an end. I don't like to think about what's going to happen come May 11th. It is unknown, scary, but most certainly means saying good bye.
May 10th we will all be up early, getting ready to dawn the monumental black cap and gown. However, before we make our way to the Idaho Center to spend the next five hours in folding chairs on the floor, surrounded by everyone we love, celebrating our accomplishments. We will do the one thing that we always make time for, no matter what else is going on...or what we are going through. There has always been time for coffee. We spend the majority of our time with some type of coffee. When we're happy and need to celebrate, when we're sad and need to mope, when we need to talk or just when we're hanging out...coffee has always been there.
I don't know how I will handle this next chapter of life, without it.
Friday, February 6, 2009
Thursday, February 5, 2009
My 5th picture in my 5th folder...
This is Holly Marie during her first week of life...with her Daddy. My uncle Kieth. Can't believe she'll be one in 2 months! Time goes so fast!
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
All windows on the front are bedrooms, except for the bottom right which is the living room.
The entire subdivision has alley access garages...so the garage is directly behind the house (attached).
The yard is all in already, with trees, shrubs and then the wing fencing you can see. There is a very little back patio...with very little grass in the back (which I'm thankful for, since I've never mowed a lawn before)...anyone that knows me can attest to the fact that growing things is not my strongpoint. The less yard I have to keep alive, the better!
It is 1538 sq. ft. 4 bedroom, 2.5 bath...with all the living area downstairs (and half bath off the living room) and 3 bedrooms upstairs.
The 4th bedroom is downstairs, but will probably be used as an office/den rather then bedroom.
It is off Meridian Rd. between Ustick & McMillan and exactly 8 minutes from my office! :) Which I am pretty excited about! I won't close until March 5th...as I am not in a hurry to get out of Nampa. But am really looking forward to painting!!
Monday, February 2, 2009
25 random things about me....
1. I was the tallest girl in my 5th grade class...and now am shorter than everyone I know! Well that is everyone over like 12.
2. The only bone I've ever broken is my collar bone. I was one years old and fell off a bench at McDonald's. The doctor had to fashion me a sling, because they didn't make them that small.
3. I'm not very sympathetic. I'm just not. Don't really know what to do in those situations. We all make our own choices...we have to live with the consequences. Deal.
4. I just bought my first house. It is in Meridian, 4 bed 2.5 bath, built in 2009. I made an offer. They countered, I countered, they countered, I countered and they accepted :) (I will post pics soon!)
5. I pronounce Reeses, Reesees and get crap from Jessie for it all the time!
6. I had hernia surgery when I was 18 and have never experienced so much pain in my life. Word of advice: don't stop taking vicadin before the doctor tells you to!
7. I am VERY black and white. There is very little room for grey in my life.
8. I graduated with my BS when I was 20, and my MBA at 22.
9. My mom dropped me on the garage floor when I was a few months old. The doctors told her I was fine, and I've had headaches almost every day since!
10. I have EXTREMELY small hands, seriously. I babysat a 6 yr old girl with bigger hands than me. I've had friends suggest using miracle grow...it doesn't work.
11. I like to be alone. If I don't get any time to myself every couple days I become very cranky!
12. I hate wasted time. I won't waste my time on something I don't see lasting. Unfortunately, that also includes people. I just don't have the patience. (Yes, I know my lack of patience should be its own line...but I refuse!)
13. I won't do something just to appease others. If I don't want to, I won't. Definitely NOT a people pleaser. Although I hate conflict...hmm...just realized those kind of contradict themselves...
14. I used to cut the grass at my parents house with scissors. I still to this day have never mowed a lawn! Guess that will be changing soon...due to #4
15. I took piano lessons for 7 years, I can read music but have a terrible ear for it.
16. I worked an entire summer in a fruit packing shed. I started out sorting cherries (torture!) but thankfully was quickly moved to running machinery. Yup, that's right, I was the only one that could fix the label machine :)
17. Growing up I always slept on the top bunk and fought with my sister all the time. Then one summer when we were in Mexico my parents added a bedroom in our basement for her and suddenly we became friends!
18. The men in my family are amazing. Seriously. My dad and brother are two of the highest quality people you will ever meet. I promise, I'm not just biased. It's true :)
19. Until I was 18 I had only lived in one house, since then I have moved 5 times.
20. I've never had cable. Don't know that I ever will.
21. I am frugal. I hate spending $$ on pointless things...or things that won't last. Especially food!!
22. There's this place, Aut-to Mocha, that I would move to my neighborhood if I could. It's in Wenatchee and I go at least once a day when I'm there. And I make everyone that comes to visit Wenatchee with me try a frapita.
23. I hate the name Shelly. Whoever thought it was a good idea to shorten Michelle to Shelly is dumb. If for some reason you can't bring yourself to say Michelle then michi, meesh or michka will all do. But don't even think about calling me shelly!
24. I can read a 200 page book in about two hours. I love to read!
25. I know every episode of FRIENDS by heart. And no, that is not sad :)
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Monday, January 19, 2009
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Graduate high school....check
Go to college....check
Pick a major....check
Graduate with honors...check
Get a masters degree....check
Get a job....check
Enter the real world....?!?!
I'm here. I'm done. Yet, I feel like I've been in the real world for a years. I've been earning money and paying my own bills since high school. I've done both school and work at the same time. I've juggled priorities. I've kept friendships and worked at making those life long relationships...while still managing to work 40 hours a week, attend every class, turn in every assignment on time, maintain a 3.8 GPA, develop and keep a budget, paid off my undergrad, paid off my car, stayed away from credit card debt....can I go on?! I don't know where I go from here? I've been living in the "real world" for years. I've just been doing it while simultaneously enjoying college life.
Perhaps it will get better now that christmas break is over and my friends are back in town---but thus far, I must say....I miss school. I miss the schedule, I miss my cohort, I miss the people I got to spend 8 hours a week with, I miss writing papers, I miss solving problems, I miss the chaos, I miss my professors...I miss NNU.
Thursday, January 1, 2009
Take (and pass) the CMA exam
Develop a new idea for work
Draw three house plans
Take another AutoCAD class
Pay off my Masters (Undergrad was paid off last year!)
Buy a house
Double my savings account
Lose ten pounds
Start a devotional...and continue it!
Begin a daily exercise routine
Volunteer at church - youth group & nursery
Visit Kieth, Jackie & Holly often
Get scrapbooking caught up