Saturday, October 10, 2009

My Saturday project

So...I have this nightstand (really, its a magazine rack) that I've used in my room as long as I can remember. Mom & Dad let me take it when I moved out. Well it's white (used to be pink :)), and a different style then the rest of my bedroom now that I actually have bedroom furniture. So, I've been looking for something that would work better as a nightstand...but didn't want to pay the $259 for the nightstand that matches my bedroom set. This is how it looked as of yesterday.


This week I found some cool design blogs, and was inspired. Well I thought the magazine rack would go perfect next to my front door as an entry table....so I unloaded it. And realized I haven't done that since I moved out :) Found lots of weird crazy things, such as this...


side note: those are pearls, not pills :)

So today I drug Erika & Katelyn around town to some consignment furnishing stores & home decor places. Well the first stop we made I found the perfect table :) It is so cool!! I love it! Black & distressed just like my bed & dresser. And $159! Here it is in my room...we'll see what I decide to do with the top, but for now this works :)


Well, so now I have a nightstand to replace my mag rack...so it will be moved downstairs. Well I already had a clock on the wall where I wanted to put it, but the 2nd store we went had this AWESOME huge clock & I just couldn't resist! I'm a sucker for a good deal...but hey everytime I look at it, it makes me smile :) So you know...well got home, hung the clock up. Love it! Moved the rack down...and now I'm not so sure. I think the mag rack looks too small with the clock. What do you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love your comments!