Monday, May 18, 2009

Growing...

If you know me very well, this next post may surprise you...but I assure you, it is true!


Well maybe it started with two gifts I received for graduation, or maybe knowing that my roommate loves doing this stuff...or maybe just some extra time on Sunday afternoon spent at Home Depot. No matter why or how I was inspired, it did happen.


Last weekend I received a red pepper plant from a lady I work with and I have to say I think that's pretty cool! I love peppers, and its in a cool pot on my front 'porch'. I am just nervous that it will actually grow peppers :)


And James brought me a sago palm, which right on the tag says "wants minimal attention" and he circled the "resilient" description...lol. He knows me too well! However he loves plants and can somehow make anything grow and bloom, all the time! I'm still not sure how he does it. Needless to say he assured me I can't kill this one, and if I do, our friendship will die as well :) Well James, I'm going to TRY to keep it alive!


So with the thought that I already have 2 plants to take care of maybe a few more wouldn't be so bad :) Erika helped me pick some out yesterday and we planted them in my front yard. A strawberry plant and a tomato plant along the side. Cilantro, parsley & oregano in a pot on the porch...and then a gorgeous purple (Glory blue...but I swear its purple) hydrangea. It's so pretty...it better not die! Good thing Jessie comes back this weekend :)


I'll take a picture of it tonight...but this is pretty much what it looks like...it has two blooms and 3 new ones starting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love your comments!