Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A look back...

At the beginning of 2009 I actually made a list of things I wanted to accomplish (shocking I know!) Well let's take a look and see if I actually did any of it :)

In 2009 I would like to accomplish...
Professionally:
  • Take (and pass) the CMA exam -- didn't do this, not so sure I will anytime soon either, hmm, guess my plans have kind of changed in this area. I did receive a promotion at work though :)
  • Develop a new idea for work -- It's called GreenSwitch, an energy saving product. Our company is called Save A Watt Systems. Look it up! Check it out! :) http://www.greenswitch.tv/
  • Draw three house plans -- didn't do this either, I did get a drafting table set up in my home office though. And made copies of previous plans, so that I can work on them. Guess I'll keep this on my list for 2010 :)
  • Get AutoCAD -- let's try this one this year :)
  • Take another AutoCAD class -- and this one along with it!

Financially:
  • Pay off my Masters (Undergrad was paid off last year!) -- that will be accomplished with the signing of one more check! Yeah!
  • Buy a house -- made an offer on Jan. 24th and moved in March 13th!
  • Double my savings account -- well that kind of went out the window with the accomplishment of the previous item :) And another previous item: Save A Watt Systems.

Personally:
  • Lose ten pounds -- okay now that those ten are gone, lets do it again!
  • Start a devotional...and continue it! -- I will try this again! Ugh, I think this is the hardest for me, and I'm not sure why!
  • Begin a daily exercise routine -- this has been (surprisingly) one of the most fun things I've done this year. Zumba, Jazzercise, Body Works, Turbo Kick...much more fun than I ever thought exercising could be!
  • Volunteer at church (youth group & nursery) -- I attempted the youth group piece for a few weeks, but have become a part of the nursery coordinating team. It has been great to be more involved and meet more people.
  • Visit Kieth, Jackie & Holly often -- I think I've seen these guys every month this year! It's been wonderful!! And I head up again (with the rest of my family) next weekend :)
  • Get scrapbooking caught up -- I am into 2009 at least :) Getting there!

In the coming year...

I'm not so sure I have near as many goals this year. I have had so much fun setting my house up and getting it put together how I like it. I'm sure I will continue to add and change things this year, but I love it!

I am fulfilling a life long dream in April this year :) Heading to the United Kingdom for a week and then on to Naples, Italy for another! I can't wait! And between now and then I'll be spending much of my time researching and planning.

I'm just loving living life, one day at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love your comments!