Monday, January 24, 2011

I'm in love...

And no, grandma, its not with a boy so you can put down the save the date cards and hang up the phone. Sorry, its just this kitchen...


I seriously cannot stop staring! I found it on this site today and my jaw dropped. I started drooling. literally. I had to get a paper towel and wipe my desk. I suppose thats disgusting, but I didn't even care, I was so enthralled.

I think the main reason it knocked me back more than most is because its actually possible. Its a normal sized kitchen with a pretty typical layout, I mean I could actually do this! And boy is it perfection! That gray wall...LOVE! The glass mosaic back splash is totally awesome (yes, sometimes I still talk like I'm in high school. I apologize). And on top of the gray, I love the rich counter tops (I'm gonna call them black, but they could very well be charcoal or espresso) mixed with the cream cabinets. And that light hardwood floor! It all works together so well! Add in a splash of green with the plants and towel and you've won me over!

I'm also digging the glass-front cabinets and the narrow open shelving. It breaks up all those cabinets and adds a fun place to display cookbooks and bottles. And as if I needed another reason to love this kitchen...how bout that faucet and undermount sink?


Really, the only thing I'm not feeling is those light fixtures...although maybe the rest of the room works so well because they don't steal the attention.

1 comment:

  1. You're silly Michi! I like to read your writing though. I'll have to watch your blog more closely! Really cool, you're so good at stuff like this and sharing your opinions! I just wish we could all be closer. I love you

    Kurt

    ReplyDelete

I Love your comments!