Tuesday, September 14, 2010

What's your mood? Sept 2010



So as my first attempt at creating a mood board, we'll call this one practice :)

I started gathering items I liked and then as I put them together realized they were kind of fitting the fall colors we love to see this time of year! So lets get started!

I think a nice rust like Behr's Boston Brick or a deep toffee, I suggest Sherwin Williams Canyon Clay, would work great on the walls in this room. Or an accent wall with either color and a light tan for the other three would be beautiful too!

I found this rug and fell in love. The colors and patterns are fun and yet neutral enough they don't take over. So in this particular space, everything revolves around the rug :)

The pillows add a great pop of color and with their awesome textures they feel inviting and interesting. The solid is a wonderful velvet and the flirty green is felt with fun petals covering it.

The couch is a soft neutral with wonderful, classic lines. I love the mocha legs and how they take away from the heaviness a sofa can sometimes create. Just imagine as it floats on top of that beautiful rug!

The coffee table is also open to the rug, but has great storage with the second shelf. The espresso finish ties in great with the couch legs.

A matching Side Table would be great in a larger room, with two side chairs for some added seating. Target has some great accent chairs, and they're even on sale! And all of the fabric choices are pretty awesome!

No living room is complete without some great Lighting!

This wall decor helped set the mood for this room. The Botanical Plates have great colors, patterns, and sizes. And these metallic Vases are beautiful.

Well there it is...my first attempt at a mood board ;) Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love your comments!