Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Before 25 List: Second Month Progress

Well sewing isn't the only thing on that list of mine...and if nothing else I at least have to update you on that one monthly item :)

As for new recipes in February...I tried two new ones, both of them were delicious but one of them was also an epic failure. Surprisingly enough its the one I have pictures of :) It was a nutter-butter banana trifle, and let me tell you, it was yummy! However, two of the layers are a homemade pudding...some of you probably know what the problem was just from that one line...but I have never made a homemade pudding before, in fact I'm not sure I've ever made pudding of any kind, even that instant stuff :) (Next time I try this recipe, I WILL be using instant!) So needless to say, the pudding layers did not set....which wouldn't have been so bad if I had had any idea that this was the case, but no, it looked just fine! I mean look:


I thought it was fine! And it sure looked tasty! But as soon as we started spooning it out it was quite clear that something wasn't right...it was a runny mess! boo :( Yet we still ate the whole thing! haha. It was that good! Even as a soup :)

The other recipe was a broccoli, cheese casserole in the crock pot...it was also very tasty and as a crock pot meal SO easy! I love it when I do use my crock pot, but don't seem to use it very often...I should work on that. No, I should say, I am working on that :)

And in other list accomplishments, I finished my Europe scrapbook while I was at my parents last weekend!! It feels so good to be done!! So now its on to catching up the other stacks of pictures I have everywhere!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love your comments!