Saturday, February 6, 2010

New project


IMG_0115, originally uploaded by meslonaker.

So I don't know exactly what's gotten into me, but I have definitely been in project mode. Since the jewelry project I also redid the old bulletin board my jewelry was on and created a fabric/map piece that shows everywhere I've traveled in the US. I'll have to get a pic of it up here soon.

But then I've also been working on some fun paper/canvas project. I had these canvases and didn't really know what I wanted to do with them, and then saw a picture of a single butterfly cut out of paper in a frame on etsy and was inspired. I decided to try my hand at it! And took a butterfly I found online and then made copies in different sizes, so that I could have a larger butterfly and along with some smaller ones. I then debated between using fabric (what the etsy one was made with), contact paper or just paper and a glue stick. Yup, you guessed it it was paper & a glue stick....add in the canvases I already had and these two art pieces ring in at FREE!!! Gotta love that!

So along with my scissors and razor blade I just cut out some butterflies while I was watching movies this week and ta da! I have two new pieces of art in my bedroom! Did I mention I also love how they turned out?! I'm kind of impressed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love your comments!